The Volunteer Visiting Service of Somerset Sight provides company and support for people across Somerset with sight loss. Volunteers are in a unique position to offer companionship and support to local people and see at first-hand how their contribution is making a positive difference to someone’s life in your local area.
As a volunteer YOU can benefit in the following ways:
- You are matched up with one person to visit – you have the opportunity to discuss who you visit.
- Feel good yourself through visiting someone locally who is lonely or isolated
- Enjoy the company of someone who has often led a very interesting life and has many stories to tell
- Meet other local volunteers if you wish to and be well supported by your Co-ordinator
- All reasonable expenses including mileage will be paid
- Visits can be flexible around your own interests and holidays
- 4 hours per month (2 visits) is all we ask for, yet this can make a huge difference to the quality of life of someone with sight loss
- Join our charity due to be 100 years old in 2019!
ANYONE over 18 can volunteer as long as you like 1:1 company and have a little time to spare.
For an informal chat with no commitment, please phone me on 01823 366143 or email me at email@example.com
Thank you so much!
Volunteer Visitor Co-ordinator for South East Somerset
The local, independent charity serving visually impaired people in Somerset.